Why all Odias outside Orissa are in cooking profession?

The Oriyas worldwide. Let's share our experiences, lifestyle, problems, losses and gains and the missing factor.
inet
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by inet »

You see Odias are in every restaurant and hotel working as chef or waiters.. Is there something special in Odia blood?

Sponsor

Sponsor

SonuCTC
Toddler
Toddler

Re: Why all Odias outside Orissa are in cooking profession?

Post by SonuCTC »

Yes, because we cook well, any doubts?

ashokd.das
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by ashokd.das »

There is a misconception. You can find lot of oriyas working in different sectors and they excel in thier professional careers. Some people those who are uneducated or don't have enough qualification to get a gud job , they have to choose such profession for their livlihood.

buluchef2k1
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by buluchef2k1 »

let me tell you this is a highly misunderstood notion that oriyas outside orissa are working only in hotel industry.. i stay in bahrain and we have a lot of oriyas working here in all sectors.. banking &finance, consulting, software,engineering and in hotel industry too.
we find a lot of people in hotel industry bcoz working in a hotel takes a lot of zeal ,determination to stay put,unflinching honesty towards the job,putting guest before self.oriya people have these qualities in abundance and very hospitable so they thrive in this sector. but why we find them more outside orissa rather than inside is because of the lack of opportunities in orissa in the said sector.. i myself belong to the hotel industry working in a multinational chain of hotels and am rather proud that oriya people have made quite an impression atleast in our group and are preferred recruits across all positions..

chef_SATYA
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by chef_SATYA »

Hello,
I'm SATYABRAT DAS.I am also a Chef in a hotel in Mumbai.I am 100% agree with Mr.buluchef2k1.
oriya people have these qualities in abundance,these are lot of zeal ,determination to stay in this field,unflinching honesty towards the job,putting guest before self etc. The Oriya people are also very hospitable .