Oriya restaurant and food in Bangalore.

The Oriyas worldwide. Let's share our experiences, lifestyle, problems, losses and gains and the missing factor.
Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Post by Deep »

Can someone suggest me where to go for Oriya food here in Bangalore? I had heard there are Oriya restaurants but could not fnd one after I came here this June. And believe me, I can no more tolerate the coloured liquids people serve here as food. :cry:

Or else come on, let's open one Oriya restaurant in the heart of the city.

Was happy to see the recipes section. Low-budget and easy to make Rice and Dalma. Practicable.

Sponsor

Sponsor

upasana_das
Toddler
Toddler

Re: Oriya restaurant and food in Banaglore.

Post by upasana_das »

hey deep,

it has been 6 months that you have been in bangalore only , i found out after 1 year yaar, i agree 100% with you i hate the coloured liquid here :( .
there is a small hotel out in btm 2nd stageat ns pallya by the name atithi satkar ,exact address toh pata nahi but yes i do have the phone number it is 9986185840.it serves very good food and is very cheap too.
from the same place if you go further ahead , say about 7 houses ahead i a small hotel that also gives oriya food, sorry it does not have a name,all i know is it is run by a lady and she affectinately called bhauja.

as for opening a restaurant is concerned , relax i will very shortly start one, , i was worried for getting publicity now with orissa forum , that concern is also gone.
-upasana

:lol:

-edited by Admin

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Could not find the Oriya hotel.

Post by Deep »

I had got the exact description of the Oriya hotel (the one without any name) in BTM second stage. I also stay nearby and one Sunday went on the expedition for that with a friend. We spent 2 hours but no luck. Finally entered an Andhra Mess. :(

May be we can try again.

And as far as your restaurant is concerned, you are most welcome. By the way, i believe I should ask what profession you are in.

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

oriya hotel ph no.

Post by Deep »

The Oriya hotel phone number you gave resulted in this:

Code: Select all

I am sorry, the Hutch number you have called has been temporarily disconnected. 

upasana_das
Toddler
Toddler

Re: oriya hotel ph no.

Post by upasana_das »

hey i can give you the address now, atithi satkar,is in 7 th main btm second stage,just near to home needs departmental store , a bit ahead of richie rich restaurant. hope u get it this time

upasana_das
Toddler
Toddler

Re: oriya hotel ph no.

Post by upasana_das »

hey deep , i hope u found out the restaurant this time, well i got the number and this is not out of service if u stay in btm then homedelivery or tiffinservice is also available- ph- 9343816390 :lol:

smita
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by smita »

Hey,
There is a resturant called Lotus Pond it serves pure Oriya desi Khana. It's in Marathalli. It's taste is good.

Deepak.acharyag
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

oriya hotel in bangalore

Post by Deepak.acharyag »

I guess,

Around 90 % hotel in bangalore u will find an oriya as a cook...... so guys not a big deal to get orissa food.................... anyway a nice initiative by an oriya guy... and I have been to that place onece too....

deep
Deepak

dilseraja
Toddler
Toddler

Relish the food

Post by dilseraja »

Well "Bahuja Hotel" as we all say here in BTM, 2nd stage is the place... ask for Mansa Kasa and Rice... you will relish the food just like in Bhaina Hotel, Bapujinagar, Bhubaneswar!!
Proud to be an Oriya & an Indian!!

Sitikantha
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Bhauja Hotel in BTM

Post by Sitikantha »

Bhauja hotel in BTM is not that as it was few years ago. When they started it was very good. Slowly they are in money making business.

I used to be a regular visitor those days. Now when I go there I see the change in attitude.

Still you get pukhalo there in summer. Try it. :D

Patnayak
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by Patnayak »

Hi All,
Please any one of you could provide the exact address of the Bhauja restruant in BTM.

Regards,
Swabhiman Patnayak

abhisheklan
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Re:

Post by abhisheklan »

Patnayak wrote:Hi All,
Please any one of you could provide the exact address of the Bhauja restruant in BTM.

Regards,
Swabhiman Patnayak
Dear Swabhiman

Bhauja hotel is in BTM 2nd Stage 7th Main, 22nd Cross it is opposite to one Elite Kerala Mess. Everything is fine but its not hygenic

ashis99
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by ashis99 »

I have seen Oriya hotel in Marthali area called Hotel Bishal or Vishal. Good one. I really liked .

chinu555
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by chinu555 »

hi,
check this

oriyafood.ondemand@gmail.com/ meals.service@gmail.com or call us on 9880296846/9945589630 for detail information.

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Post by Deep »

@chinu555,

You can give the info here itself.